Cat & Dog Surgeries in Portage
For health issues that call for more intensive treatment, cat and dog surgeries may be the next step. There are many underlying problems, from potentially cancerous growths to fractured bones, which are best improved with pet surgery. At Coyne Veterinary Center in Portage, we are proud to offer a dedicated surgical suite with the most up-to-date equipment. In addition, we have a capable veterinary team that’s here 7 days a week to provide an array of soft tissue and orthopedic procedures.
We combine skill, technology and mindful pain control options to give pets and their owners compassionate individualized care.
All surgery reservations require a $50 deposit and are refundable if the appointment is canceled before 7 business days of the reservation start date. This deposit will be applied towards the total of your pet’s surgical procedure.
Call us at (219) 763-3311.
Like our Facebook page to see more photos of our happy clients before and after surgery!
Surgical Services That We Offer
Our veterinarians can perform the following surgeries to prevent or treat a variety of health conditions:
- Spay and neuter
- Mass removal
- Foreign body removal
- Bladder stone removal (cystotomy)
- Oral surgery
- Fracture repair
- Patellar luxation
- Cranial Cruciate Ligament repair
- Femoral Head Ostectomy (FHO)
- Tibial Tubercle Advancement (TTA)
- Tibial Plateau Leveling Osteotomy (TPLO)
Is your pet in need of one of our surgical services?
We Make Safety Our Top Priority
In addition to our advanced surgical equipment, we provide advanced pain management and take many steps to ensure that every patient is safe during their procedure. This includes:
- Conducting a pre-surgical exam and blood work to assess health
- Choosing the appropriate pain control and anesthetic with consideration for your pet’s medical history
- Pre-medicating with pain control and placing an IV catheter for fluids and additional medications
- Full monitoring of vitals by a trained technician
- Warming methods to keep your pet comfortable and at a healthy temperature
- Post-op monitoring to make sure your pet awakens safely
WHY WE RECOMMEND SPAY AND NEUTER
Uncontrolled animal breeding can lead to overpopulation, which results in a large number of strays and overcrowded shelters. Spaying and neutering are the best options for keeping this problem under control and saving more lives. Additional health benefits for pets include:
- Less aggression in males
- No heat cycle or spotting in females
- Less desire to roam
- Reduced cancer risks
Spaying and neutering does not change your pet’s personality, but it can lessen inappropriate behaviors and help to calm your pet.
Plan Your Pet’s Surgery with Us
Our team understands the challenge of putting a beloved pet through surgery. We’ll take all the time needed to listen to your concerns and answer any questions you have. Furthermore, we’ll be here to assist you in the post-surgery phase to ensure that your pet has the smoothest possible recovery. Call (219) 763-3311 to speak with one of our team members or stop in for a pre-surgical consultation.