Cat & Dog Boarding in Portage, IN
When you leave town, put your mind at ease and bring your pets to our cat and dog boarding facility in Portage, IN. They deserve all the creature comforts of home while you’re away and at Coyne Veterinary Center, we offer just that. Want to get started? It’s easy! Just follow this 3-step process to learn about our pet boarding service and book your pet’s reservation:
See what amenities we offer, along with additional extras that come with our boarding packages.
Know what to bring so your pet has everything they need for a comfortable, pleasant stay.
Review our boarding requirements and make sure your pet is healthy and ready for their visit.
All boarding reservations require a $30 deposit and are refundable if the appointment is canceled before 7 business days of the reservation start date. This deposit will be applied towards the total of their stay. If your pet is boarding over a holiday, where our clinic is closed to the public, there is a flat, one-time fee of $10 for that day.
Prioritizing Comfort and Safety
To make sure our guests are secure and comfortable in our facility, we:
- Maintain a temperature-controlled space
- Use an AAON unit to circulate clean air throughout the building
- Have high walls surrounding the outdoor play area
When your pet stays with us, they come to an oasis of constant care, comfortable kennels, and plenty of time to play. Our caring staff give your pet all the attention they need while our kennel area gives them a safe and cozy place to relax throughout their stay. Amenities include:
- Daily housekeeping including sanitized bowls, kennel cleaning and fresh bedding - all done with pet-friendly cleaning products
- Bathroom breaks 4 times per day for dogs
- Attention and care from our kennel staff
- Meals provided, though we recommend you bring your pet’s food from home, especially if they’re on a special diet
- Intake and Outtake check-overs
- Monitoring pet’s weight and health during their stay
- Indoor and outdoor play areas for dogs
- Separate boarding rooms for cats and dogs
- Bathroom breaks 4 times a day for dogs
- Complimentary kennel bath for our dog guests (the bath will be done on the day of pick up)
Things to Bring
Please bring any medications your pet is currently taking, along with written instructions for our technicians and assistants to follow. You may also provide feeding times and amounts with your pet’s food, as well as any other instructions to accommodate your pet’s specific needs. Please refrain from bringing toys and bedding from home; we cannot always guarantee their safe return!
Check out our boarding pets on our SNapchat!
We Have 3 Different Boarding Packages for Your Dog!
Silver Package → Standard Package. Minimum 2 night stay to receive a complimentary bath
Gold Package → Standard Package + Cuddle Time (15-20 minutes of one on one time with a kennel attendant daily)
Platinum Package → Standard Package + Social Playtime in Daycare daily
*There will be an additional charge for holiday boarding.
*There will be an additional charge to dispense medication to boarded pets.
Check out our Facebook to see more photos of our happy clients like Gordy!
Requirements for Boarding
To keep all our guests healthy and happy, we require them to be current on their vaccinations and parasite prevention. At drop-off we will request written proof that your pet is up-to-date on their required vaccines and test(s).
Our vaccine policy for pet boarding is as follows:
- If vaccines need to be updated on the day of your pet's boarding stay, you will be required to check in for a walk-in tech or doctor visit and stay until the service is complete.
- The ideal timeline is for vaccines to be updated 2 weeks before your boarding appointment.
- You are responsible for providing us with updated vaccine records if your pet goes to a different veterinary clinic for routine care.
View the tables below to see what your dog or cat needs before their stay.
- Distemper (DHP)
- 6-month Bordetella
- Canine influenza – H3N2 and H3N8 strains
- Negative fecal sample in last 12 months
- Distemper (FVRCP)
- 6-month Bordetella
- Negative fecal sample in last 12 months, or up-to-date on annual deworming
In the case that your pet is not up-to-date with their vaccinations and/or fecal testing, we can provide these services when you drop them off. We will also take a few minutes to answer any questions you have, confirm any additional service requests, and address your concerns. Our goal is to make your pet’s stay with us an enjoyable one and to exceed your expectations!
Contact Us for a Tour
Are you interested in learning more about our boarding facility and seeing it for yourself? Stop by today to tour our facility! You can also call us any time at (219) 763-3311 with questions regarding our accommodations, policies, and more.