Pet Care at Your Fingertips
At Coyne Veterinary Center, making our high-quality veterinary care as accessible as possible is a priority. That's why we're offering chat and online vet visits to expand our level of care beyond our hospital walls. You'll be able to connect directly with our team, check your pet's reminders, consult with a veterinarian virtually, and more all from the comfort of your home.
With our app you can:
- Earn rewards
- Refill medications
- View your pet's reminders
- Have a virtual consultation with a veterinarian
- Ask questions and chat directly with our Client Service team
- And more!
Appointments and Walk-ins
- Request an appointment through our smartphone app!
- In the home screen of your app, select the calendar icon at the far right and follow the prompts
- Our veterinary team will receive your request and check our schedule for the closest appointment
time that matches your preference.
- You will have until 6:00 pm Monday - Friday or 1:00 pm Saturday to confirm or decline the proposal before we release that time to be booked by the next client.
- Once confirmed, a secure link will be sent to you to pay a deposit fee* per pet, that will go towards your visit. This fee is non-refundable.
Virtual Vet Visits
We recognize that telemedicine is a vital tool for helping you get the care you need for your pet especially during the coronavirus pandemic.
Our easy-to-use app allows you to connect to a veterinarian directly. Due to the virtual nature of telemedicine, it can only be used in situations where there is already a strong veterinarian-client-patient relationship. This means you must be a current client of our hospital and your pet must be current on their annual exam. Furthermore, not all medical cases can be solved with a virtual vet visit.
Each consultation will incur a telemedicine fee prior to connecting with a veterinarian that can be set up within the app. If your pet requires a prescription or further testing within our hospital, these services will incur an additional charge.
Here is a list of appropriate cases for telemedicine:
- Sneezing, coughing, diarrhea, ear infections, or other minor symptoms
- Behavioral changes such as scratching more often than usual or lethargy
- Changes in gait, such as limping
- Discussions regarding ongoing care
In the event of a pet emergency, do not use telemedicine, but call our animal hospital directly at (219) 763-3311.